In order to have your university ID card ready for you upon your arrival, we ask that you submit a professional color PASSPORT PHOTO. If a Passport Photo is not possible, you may submit a color snapshot showing a full front view of your head and shoulders according to the requirements shown on this site.
Step 1-Take Your Photo
The above photos represent acceptable OneCard photos. Notice that they are very similar in size and requirements to U.S. Passport photos. In fact, we recommend that you have your photo taken by one of the many retail establishments that offer passport photo services. Many of them are able to provide you a digital copy of the photo which you can then easily upload to our system.
When taking your photo, please use the following as guidelines to ensure your photo is accepted:
- A natural expression is encouraged
- Brightness and contrast should be adjusted to present the subject and background accurately
- Photos without proper contrast or color may obscure unique facial features
- Color should reproduce natural skin tones of student
- Fluorescent or other lighting with unbalanced color may cause unwanted color cast in the photo
- Student's head should be positioned directly facing the camera
- Photo should capture from slightly above top of hair to middle of chest
- Eyes should be open and looking at the camera
- Eyeglasses should be worn if normally used by the subject
- Do not wear sunglasses
- Glare on eyeglasses can usually be avoided with a slight upward or downward tilt of the head
- Background should be plain white or off-white
- Include headpieces if worn daily for religious purposes; they should not obscure or cast shadows on the eyes or any other part of the face
- Over- or under-exposure may render the photo unusable
- Facial features of student should be clearly evident in the photo
- Lighting should be adjusted to avoid shadows on the face or background
- High-resolution photography is strongly recommended
- Digital photos should be produced without discernible pixels or dot patterns
- Fine facial features should be discernible
- the entire face should be in focus
- No red eye or flash reflection
- Do not wear costumes or hats
- Do not have any other object or person in the picture
- Photo must be in color
- Photo must be taken in the last 6 months
- A passport photo in .jpg format works best!
Have your picture taken, according to the diagram below:
STEP 2- Upload Your Photo
You can access the Photo Upload application here.
This page requests that you complete an informational form before uploading your photo to the OneCard system. Please enter the following information:
Once you have entered the required information, click on the link to “Browse” for photo. This will launch a dialog box in your browser. You can select the location of your file. Once you have selected the photo’s file location, select it by clicking on the “open” button in the dialog box.
- Click the “UPLOAD" button to upload your photo to the system.
- After clicking the "UPLOAD" button you will be presented with a confirmation.
- Select "UPLOAD" to proceed or "CANCEL" to go back and make changes.
STEP 3- Preview Your Photo
Step 3 will display your photo.
- Review your photo to ensure it meets with the guidelines in step 1. If it does not or you would like to use a different photo, select "START OVER".
- If the photo meets the guidelines of Step 1 and you are happy with the photo, select "APPROVE & SUBMIT PHOTO"
If your photo has been uploaded successfully, a confirmation message will display as shown below: